1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI simple communication controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rohith_gk, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rohith_gk

rohith_gk Thread Starter

Hi, I happen to reinstall windows 7 as my internal harddisk got corrupted. So i am installing drivers manually. I am using L650 15G windows 7 64 bit operating system. While checking the device manager i happen to see an error being displayed as PCI simple communication controller driver missing for the device. What should i do? please as guide me in finding a solution. Also i happened to install driver detective and it showed alot of drivers have to be updated few missing and like that. Should i trust a third party application??.... please help me out....

2. dai

dai

run your m/board setup disk

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name, model name, and model number of your computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------

PCI simple communication controller is probably associated with the computer's 56K dial-up modem - which I doubt you need and use.

Is there a Modems entry in the Device Manager, and is any device listed in that heading?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Using third-party driver scanners, such as Driver Detective, is not advisable because they can direct you to incorrect or outdated drivers.

You also have to buy some of them in order to obtain drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All the drivers from whoever made the computer are always free. all of the correct ones for your model can be downloaded and saved to a cd for future reference.

5. rohith_gk

rohith_gk Thread Starter

can u tell me the order in which i shuld install the drivers... bcoz i havenot installed it in an order.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The chipset driver should be installed first and then the computer restarted before installing any of the other drivers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, please use a spell checker/grammar checker. Your post is almost unreadable in its current format.

Next when you install windows, it is generally best to install in the following order;
    1 Install the os
    2 Update to the latest service pack. For win7, sp1
    3 Install chipset/mb drivers
    4 Install sound, nic/lan drivers
    5 Install video driver

If all is well, then activate windows and following that task make a backup image of the system. Store this image on a second hd, external, NAS, etc. If you ever need to reinstall, it takes all of 5min to restore the image. Clean install done.

8. rohith_gk

rohith_gk Thread Starter

Thank you very much.. And sorry for the earlier messages. I am used to the short version of the messaging style and hence used that in the earlier messages.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

When you do an install, it is usually best to do a little work prior to starting the install. Download all of the drivers you will need along with any service pack, patches, etc. Put those on a flash drive, burn them to a DVD, etc. This makes your install go a lot easier.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice