1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Simple Communications Controller

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ryuho209, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryuho209

Ryuho209 Thread Starter

I just got Windows XP installed on my other computer, and I can't connect to the internet. I checked Device Manager and saw that PCI Cimple Communications Controller had a yellow question mark next to it. I tried downloading chipset drivers and trying a bunch of different things, but they don't work. Any other solutions?

2. Sponsor

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

It could be that you have to go to the manufacturers web site for the motherboard and get all of the latest drivers such as chipset, buss, network, audio,video and all others listed for windows xp, once they are all downloaded burn them to a cd-r disk and run them in the order that I typed and then any way for any other ones that are there....

4. Ryuho209

Ryuho209 Thread Starter

I did the video and sound drivers already.

Do you have the driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller or something?

Wait, wait, was I supposed to do the chipset drivers first?

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

THe chipset drivers get installed first then install in the order I posted earlier. Then you can install any driver you wish but only after the motherboard drivers get installed.

6. SB305

SB305

PCI Simple Communications Device is normally a 56K Modem.
    Are you using one?
    If so, did you load the drivers for it and is it enabled in BIOS?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648804