1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Universal Serial Bus

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chaps22, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chaps22

chaps22 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Lexmark X75 all in one center, it used to work (I was able to print, scan and copy) however I ran out of ink and didn't use it for a while. I had problems with my computer (something happened with the registry, it is working fine now), I got a new ink cartridge, went to use the X75 and it didn't work. I had to reinstall it and now I am only able to print, unable to scan or copy. When I push the scan or copy buttons from the machine itself nothing happens (doesn't make a noise, light up, etc...) and when I go to the all in one center and select scan or copy I get this error:

"Scan Was Not Successful
    Try these solutions:
    -Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable
    -Disconnect and reconnect the All-In-One's power cable
    -Restart your computer"

The option is to close the msg.

I have followed the above instructions, unistalled and reinstalled it numerous times, I have also spoken with Lexmark support and they determined the problem to be something we found in the device mgr. Under "other devices" there is PCI Universal Serial BUS with a yellow exclamation point next to it, they advised that the exclamation mark is not supposed to be there and there is some sort of communications problem. I was just wondering if anyone could provide any info on how to get rid of the exclamation mark or the communication problem so the scan and copy options will work, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

One other thing:
    When in the device mgr, when I select properties for the PCI Universal Serial Bus there is an option to reinstall driver, I tried that however it does not work.

2. Filewasp

Filewasp

3. chaps22

chaps22 Thread Starter

Thanks for the response, I went to that link but when I select on reinstall driver and then browse, the C:\Adaptec\usb2 folder is not there (step 7 from the instructions on that link), I tried to type it in but it still didn't work. Any further info would be great. Thanks.

4. chaps22

chaps22 Thread Starter

Actually found some addtl info on the problem, no further info needed, thanks.

5. Filewasp

Filewasp

Your welcome. Hope you resolved your problem. What worked?

6. chaps22

chaps22 Thread Starter

Well its still not workin but the conclusion I got was that I need the correct driver but if I don't have the disk for it then its pretty hard to find it plus I don't know what type of motherboard I have. I heard I can get another usb card that plugs into a pci slot and that would give me the drivers I need. I don't know too much about it so I might just check with a computer shop to see how much it would cost. Thanks for the replies though, any info helps.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice