PCI versus ISA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

photoguy

I have a new motherboard with PCI slots. Can I use a modem which is labeled ISA?
In general terms, what is the difference?

Thanks.

ISA is an older bus. PCI is newer and better. Most MB makers are not including ISA slots anymore since ISA devices haven’t been made for several years. The sockets that plug into the computer are completely different and there is no adapter I know of.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
ISA is dead, and so is the box of ISA cards I have in my closet. :)

photoguy

Thanks to all for the answers. I had thought it might be something like half length boards being able to be used in full length slots.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online