1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCI Vid Card Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Luketmm, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Luketmm

Luketmm Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavilion 501n computer, windows XP-Home as my OS, and the original video card is an integrated intel 82810E graphics controller.

I went out and bought a PCI video card. It's an Asylum, GeForce4 MX 440-SE, with 64mb of DDR Memory. When I installed it onto the motherboard and booted up windows, it doesn't even recognze it. I was hoping to run multiple vid cards, but i have no idea how that's done. Or, in case I cannot run multiple video cards, to be able to disable the integrated video card and just have it run off of the pci card that I installed. I looked in BIOS for a way to disable the integrated video card, but there's no option. So, I thought I would try to disable it by changing the jumper settings. But Hewlet-Packard, in their infinite wisdom, decided not to include a mother board manual, and the only jumpers I see seem to only affect the power settings.

Does anyone know how I can do either of these things?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi,
    [tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Hopefully, these instructions from HP support will answer your questions and allow you to install the new video card. Step by step instructions must be followed for it to work.
    HERE

3. nequamminor

nequamminor

i have the integrated intel 82810E chipset to but i have an intel celeron 700, and no agp slot, how much did you pay for that pci video card and do you think it would make up for my processor or just be a giant bottleneck thing

4. Luketmm

Luketmm Thread Starter

Well, I paid 100 bucks for my card. I bought it because many of the new games coming out simply will not run with my current video card. UT 2003, NOLF2, TomClancy's Splinter Cell, just to name a few. Some kind of video card error, don't remember the exact thing though. I tried updating drivers and settings, so it must be the card. I think the problem is that the card will not run in 32 bit mode, it only goes up to 24. But I figured buying a new card would fix it. If I could only get the darn thing to work.....

And, thanks for that last post, but I tried those instructions already, and my computer crashed!!! So I had to shell out 100 bucks for Windows xp, bleh.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice