PCM Data Format Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ltstangel

Can someone tell me what the following error means? "AIL int error. Unsupported PCM data format. " I recently had my pc worked on and when I got it back one of my daughter's favorite games received this following error when I inserted the disk. This is a children's disk called Ready to Read with Pooh. The tech that worked on the pc must have changed something because we never had trouble with it before he worked on it, but I can't get ahold of him. I don't know where to start to resolve the problem...if I need to change a setting with the sound card or something else. I'm running Win98. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

ltstangel
Not sure if I can help with problem but you may want to look and see if there is sound driver updates for your unit.
Does your sound work at all?
You can also have a look at device manager and see if the is any yellow exclaimations listed there in the sound or cd sections.
Start\settings\control panel\system\device manager

Hope that gives you a start for investigation

Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online