1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCMCIA reader for my desktop???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tigerpilot, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Thread Starter

I need a way to use a PCMCIA device on my desktop machine. I have seen adapters on ebay but they always use an ISA slot. My desktops only have PCI these days. Also I prefer to have something that will work with XP.
    Thanks, Don

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I know what you mean and I don't think I have seen an PCI version yet. If you are in the UK, I can point you to a company who can get that (special order) but anywhere else I will need to research.

Just out of curiosity, what device are you looking to add onto your machine?

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You can get them. Look for PCI Cardbus on Google. I found one for 99 USD.
    I can get them from Germany try www.tragant.de they do them a lot cheaper.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Actually in the EC, you won't need to pay tax on your product since the item. If you decide to buy from the EC (European Community) then don't forget to get the company to fill out the forms or make it tax exempt. (UK tax is 17.5%!!!)

5. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies. I have ordered a cardbus reader here in the U.S. so...I should be all set.

6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

This has recently changed. European Legislation has been brought in that forces companies to charge for VAT (at the rate in the country of sale) as well as pay VAT on imports (not new)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice