1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCMCIA Smart Card Reader "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by a.stetson, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. a.stetson

a.stetson Thread Starter

I just received a SCM Smart Card Reader/Writer, model SCR201, and it will not start on my computer. I put it in my wife's Gateway, and it works fine. Main difference is she has IE6, and i have IE7. Any help on this one? I already tried installing the driver from the manufacturer, which was of course to no avail. Now it won't let me roll-back to the previous "Windows Driver".

2. lefty1953

lefty1953

Is this a USB card reader? If so try another port or disconnect one that is working and try that port.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd

its just a driver problem. if it doesent say the model on the device google unknowndeviceidentifier its an awsome app. don't forget driverguide.com

4. a.stetson

a.stetson Thread Starter

It's a PCMCIA card.

5. a.stetson

a.stetson Thread Starter

The device shows up, like it installed correctly, but it just won't start. I have the drivers from driverguide, and those didn't help either.

6. lefty1953

lefty1953

How old is your Laptop? Is it under warranty? Does anything else work in that PCMCIA slot?

7. NonSectarianBlu

NonSectarianBlu

Hey I have the same problem with my SCR 201. My laptop is from 2005 the card was released in 2002 I believe so that shouldn't be the problem. Also I am able to use my slot for other devices just not this. If you fixed it can you let me know what you did. Or if anyone else has any ideas.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/548453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice