1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCMCIA Wireless Cards and WinCE 4.2

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by trelph, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trelph

trelph It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I picked up an iPaq 3835 for a reasonable price a couple of months ago, and I've been playing around with it for kicks and giggles. It came with Windows Mobile 2002, but I upgraded to 2003 (WinCE 4.2) to enhance its usefullness. And because the CF WiFi card I bought only supported 2003.

The CF card is working fine now running off a Marvell driver that I installed, and I can easily connect to work and home networks.

Now, I recently bought a 3COM OfficeConnect Wireless 11g PCMCIA Card (version 2.0), product # 3CRWE154G72, and I found out that the thing doesn't want to plug and play.

As a general rule, does one have to find a unique driver for all PCMCIA wifi cards, even if it uses a common chipset? The 3CRWE154G72 seems to utilize PrismGT, but I don't know where to find a WinMob 2003 driver. Any ideas on where to go?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

3. trelph

So how does one go about getting a PCMCIA card to work with an Expansion Sleeve? Does the adapter have to come packaged with a custom WinCE driver? That doesn't sound very easy to come across.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

I suspect most manufacturers opted to develop CF cards (and now SD) rather than PCMCIA for Pocket PCs as they figure smaller is better.
    Check the peripherals link here PocketPC FAQ, they list cards that support Windows CE.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You you already have a Compact Flash wireless adapter that works fine, but you want this other PCMCIA adapter to work?

6. trelph

Correct. The PCMCIA sleeve I have has an integrated extra battery, and I'd like to make use of it. Also, I'd like to find a card with more functionality.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice