1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC's does not log off

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by davidch805, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidch805

davidch805 Thread Starter

Hello all,

We are in a domain enviroment with about 100 PC's on the subnet. Both our DC and BU-DC are running Server 2003. All of our workstations are XP Pro. We use Panda AntiVirus for our virus needs. The vast majority of our users all have local profiles

We are having a problem that is going from bad to worse. Everyday day we are getting more and more machines that do not lof off or that take upwards of 30 minutes to log off. I've Googled my thumbs down to nubs trying to figure this out. I've seen the website that is out there with all kinds of stuff to try and the majoity of that either didn't work or didn't apply to our enviroment.

Several of these PC's are brand new Dell PC's that we have been deploying since the middle of November.

They log off just fine after we deployed them and they just gradually not working. Just today I was contacted by a user that her PC was still "on" after 2 hours. She knows that as another co-worker told her about it. This one PC I deployed just last week.

We've updated the BIOS's on every machine, made a couple of registry hacks, and installed the free app UPH Clean Slow Shutdown.

Needless to say this is frustrating our users and it's really frustrating us.

Thanks for any help
    David

2. B0b_Olivaw

B0b_Olivaw

Perhaps the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service from microsoft could be of some help?

It comes directly from microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1B286E6D-8912-4E18-B570-42470E2F3582&displaylang=en

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice