1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PCTEL 2304WT v.9x MDC Modem/Does this>Modem supports voice communications?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Firedog 1, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedog 1

Firedog 1 Thread Starter

I am attempting to configure PC-Alarm and Security System. Part of this program allows for notifying me via cell phone if one or more of the residence smoke alarms have gone off, alarms for the doors, or someone is attempting to gain access to our home computer. The test fails because it needs a modem supporting voice communications. I am not sure whether our modem does, or does not support voice communications. I do know that our present modem is>PCTEL 2304WT V.9x MDC Modem.

We operate an Inspiron 8200 w/XP.

Sincerely,

The Gillette Family (Ron)

2. Bmullan

Bmullan

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

This is strange. I just spent half an afternoon trying to get a PC Tel recognised as a MODEM rather than just a PC Card or a PCI Simple Communications Device and when I finally managed it, the system tried to install a MODEM Wave Device along with it. I didn't bother stopping it - I was just happy to have the MODEM capability but there are no microphone or speaker sockets on this MODEM so I assume the same drivers go with both types of PCI MODEM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice