1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pdanet, wireless router - share internet?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lizzieintn, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizzieintn

lizzieintn Thread Starter

Aug 31, 2010
    I am finding that my internet connection via Pdanet (tethering my Android phone) on my PC is faster than the satelllite connection via my wireless router. I am trying to find out if there is any way for me to share my Pdanet internet connection via the wireless router. I have tried ICS and have found it does not work and the Pdanet support FAQ confirmed my suspicion that ICS could not be used to share the Pdanet internet connection.

I have my Android phone tethered to a PC with Windows 7 64 bit OS via Pdanet. The phone is Android OS 2.1, so making it a wifi hot spot is not an option. I have also tried rooting the phone and using Wireless Tether but found that my phone lacks the necessary networking to make Wireless Tether work - so that's not an option either! Pdanet works fine and is actually quite fast.

What I am wanting to do is connect to my Linksys router and somehow allow my Pdanet internet connection to be shared with other PCs via the router. Thought about creating a network bridge between the Pdanet modem and Linksys, but when I click on the 2 connections the option for network bridge does not even appear. Perhaps Pdanet will not allow it? I don't know. So my next thought was to connect my PC to Linksys and somehow route my Pdanet connection back through the router. Is that possible? I have read some things that talk about hard wiring the PC to the router but don't want to do that if I it's not necessary as it would mean relocating my router which is in another room, and I really have no where to put it. I use a laptop and have no desire for it to be wired to something anyway - I do move around the house with it. My phone does have wifi and will connect to the Linksys router, BUT if I connect it while my phone is tethered via Pdanet, then it drops the Pdanet internet connection.

I don't know if what I'm trying to accomplish is even doable - but it would be awesome if it could be done! Can anyone tell me if what I am considering is even possible? If possible, how could it be accomplished???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995366