1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PDF A5 to A4

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by over40plus, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. over40plus

over40plus Thread Starter

Hi guys
    Would like some help with PDF once a month I recieve a email file that i use for work it dowloads to Adobe Reader in A5 would like to print the file in A4 changed printer settings to A4 still prints in A5 i would be most grateful for any help, have been in touch with the sender but he sends the same file to many people and it is created on A5

Many Thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this pdf file "Protected" and if so to what degree?

3. over40plus

over40plus Thread Starter

Thank you for your response and yes it is a protected file, but what I can't understand is that when I download it opens on the Internet?

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

There are free apps for unlocking PDF files. It would probably violate this site's terms of service, so I can't tell you what they are.

5. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Note: You MAY need to Save the PDF from the Intranet first.... When using the PDF reader you use - and selecting the Print function from within that application (not using the File-Print method), do you then select the printer to send it to (if not the default). There should be a Properties button for your printer, and there is where you should select the A4 Paper Size. When Selecting Print, usually there is a preview and the 8.5 x 11 paper size is shown. After Going to Properties and selecting A4, the main print window should show size 8.27 x 11.69. As a rule of thumb, Printer settings are not for fingers, using the application to control printing helps keep the printer functioning. Hope this helps.

6. Garf13LD

Garf13LD

At print page
    Go to printer properties and select A4 as paper size.
    Then on page sizing, use fit as your size or 141% in custom scale.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice