1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PDF Attached file in Outlook Opens Window Media Centre and not the file.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by harrygas, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harrygas

harrygas Thread Starter

I am using Windows 7 with 2007 Outlook. When I try to open a pdf attached file it opens up Windows Media Centre and not the file. I have Adobe 9 installed. Any ideas how I can rectify this.

2. TulsaRose

TulsaRose

Hi harrygas, welcome to the forum. Adobe Acrobat Reader will open .pdf files. Is that the Adobe 9 you are referring to?

The current Reader version is Adobe Reader X (10.1.2) and can be downloaded and installed over the top of the old version.

There are some excellent .pdf readers available in freeware online that are more flexible and many people prefer them, myself included. After uninstalling the Adobe Reader, I downloaded \ installed Nitro PDF Reader.

Rosie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038764