pdf editing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raquibird

Hi - I want to do some simple edits [adding text, deleting text, making notes about text] on pdf docs - what is the software you recommend?
Thx

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi,

There are a few but I only use one called Foxit

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

There are the individual Tools you can buy...or the full Foxit Reader

It does install the Ask.com toolbar which you can UNinstall and/or simply make not appear in your browser. It is not malicious at all.....just a gimmick. Also, when you go to Install, choose the Custom method, and you will see the checkboxes to take the marks out of that would give you shortcuts to Ebay stuff on your desktop.

I believe the free version of the Foxit Reader lets you edit .pdf files but not fully....you would need the $39.00 PDF Pro Pack probably to do advanced Editing....

I guess the only way would be to try it.

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
I found this as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software

Scroll almost down to the end of the page....to the

Microsoft Windows...and then to Web-based section

Editors
DocQ – free online application to store, view, edit and share PDFs
PDFescape – a free web service which views and edits PDF documents in the browser
PDFFiller – a web-based program that allows the user to read, edit or fill out PDF forms from within the browser.
PDFVue – a free web application that allows the user to view PDF's, comment and fill PDF forms from a web browser.

raquibird

Have barely read your reply to me yet - this is a thank you - you're always there helping me...thank you.
I'll let you know if what you sent works.

BTW, do you know anything about Filemaker? Why it suddenly won't work - even reinstalling it? Says program has to shut down.

Manuela

raquibird

One choice is to make foxit the default pdf reader. Is that the best, or should I keep Adobe, and only use foxit for edits?

Thx

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Manuela- Nice to "hear" from you! It's always a pleasure to help you.

I know nothing about Filemaker. But, a quick look in Google found>

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-b...p_faqid=1439&p_created=1115172523&p_topview=1

I don't know if you are using FM Pro, but for several versions of Pro, this was a common issue....you could try and see if updating things helps, like it says.

RE: Adobe- if you mean the free ordinary Acrobat Reader, the standard PDF file viewing program- and not any paid for software, then what I would suggest is you UNInstall Adobe Reader in favor of Foxit. It's so much quicker and less taxing on the computer! And, look at the tools and what you can accomplish with Foxit- it woud be me choice though I use only the free Foxit program. It's all I need!

Foxit "sees" that you have Adobe and is asking if you want to switch and to make it the Default .pdf file opening program- you can keep Adobe for a while if you want and if the system has adequate hard drive space, etc. Most newer machines would be OK.
Later on, and it is up to you, you can UNinstall Adobe Reader from Add/Remove Programs.

All the "Default" program means is that Foxit would from then on, be the program that opens a .pdf file when you double click on one.

raquibird

Hi B,

Happy with basic foxit as default reader. But did you tell me that you do some simple editing with it?
Tx.

Manuela

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
I believe I said that the Foxit software only does simple edits....you have to buy the advanced Tools to do advanced editing.... I really don't edit PDF files!

I use Foxit to open them and read.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.