1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PDF Files Problem | Windows Live Messenger Problem | WMM Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by perfect, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

Hi! I have a few problems with a few difference softwares. I thought it would be best open on thread with all the problems other than opening multiple different threads.
    My Problems are:

1) I use mozilla firefox and i have a problem opening PDF files. When i click on a link which leads me to a PDF file, the following error message pops up.
    "The adobe acrobat/ reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Browser. Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and exit your Wev Browser and try again."
    When I use Internet Explorer, I get a similar error message.
    "The adobe acrobat/ reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Browser. Adobe Acrobet/Reader version 8 or 9 is required. Please exit and try again."
    This message tells me to exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader. I don't exactly know how to do that.

2) The other problem I have is with Windows Live Messenger (MSN). This messenger allows you to draw in a conversation. They have a handwriting tool. The problem I have with this tool is that when I use it to draw something, what I draw doesn't appear on the place where I am suppose to draw before sending the message. But when I click send just by drawing something with seeing what is happening on my screen, I will be able to see what I drew in the message sent part of the window. I know this is confusing but it is hard to explain. So basically, while drawing something, I can't see it but when i send it, I can see it.

3) The third problem I have is with windows movie maker. When I open this software, I get the "send" and "Don't send" error message.( I am sure you are familiar with the error message yourself). I am not sure why this is happening. I can't even ignore the message because when I click anything in windows movie maker, it freezes. When I click "Don't Send" on the error message, WMM closes down.

Thank you for taking the time to read. It would be great if you could help me with any of the problems. Thank you.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed? If so, uninstall it, download a new copy and reinstall it.

3. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

wow. Thank you so much. That worked and didn't even take long. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now two more problems to go.

4. ~Candy~

You're welcome. That's the extent of my software assistance :D I'm not even sure I understand the other two :eek:

5. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

Thank you once again. Do you want me to explain the other two a little more in detail?

6. ~Candy~

Yes, explain each one in more detail. Use a separate post for each program.

7. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

Hi! I am sorry for the late reply.

Windows Movie Maker Problem

The problem here is that WMM closes down every time I try to open it. When I first open it, this is the message that pops up in a few seconds.

[​IMG]
    http://i33.tinypic.com/2lwkqxt.jpg

When I click Don't Send on this message, Windows Movie Maker closes down right away. No matter which button I press. If I try to ignore this message, and try to use windows movie maker, WMM will freeze and sometimes will also make my computer freeze. So, basically I can't use WMM at all.

8. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

Windows Live Messenger (was called MSN before and that is the term I like to use) Problem.

This problem is a little hard to explain, but I will try. MSN is a software that connects to the internet to allow people from different places to communicate through text messaging and other methods. Another method that it allows is a handwriting feature. So, first of all, this is how the main page looks like:
    [​IMG]

This is how the conversation window looks like:
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the picture above, there is pencil kind of a tool there beside the "A" almost at the bottom left corner. When you click that icon (handwriting Icon) you can actually draw using your mouse and send it to the user. So what you draw, is shown in the space where it says "send" and "search". after you have completed what you wanted to draw, click "send" and what you have drawn will be sent to the other person.
    [​IMG]

The problem I am having is that, when I draw something before I send it, I can't see it.So, like in the picture above, where "here" is DRAWN, i can't see it there while i draw. So I can't see what I am drawing while I am drawing. I have to guess what i am drawing. It is almost like drawing with your eyes closed :p. So, after I am done drawing without anything being shown, and after I click "Send" I can see it in the conversation window where you can see where the messages are sent and received.

I hope this explains a little more in detail.

(P.S Screenshots are from the internet)

9. ~Candy~

Ok, on messenger, I don't see that I can do that. Did you upgrade to the newest version?

10. ~Candy~

What do the details here say?

One thing you might try, go to add/remove programs, windows components, and uninstall. Then restart computer, then go back and reinstall.

11. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

Hi! I tried to look for windows movie maker under add/remove windows components but i can't find it there. I have tried many time to reinstall the program but that doesn't help. How do I uninstall it? (It is not under add or remove programs either)

12. ~Candy~

13. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

I unistalled it. Do you want me to somehow install it again (google search) ?

14. ~Candy~

15. perfect

perfect Thread Starter

HI! I reinstalled movie maker but the same problem occurred again. And yes, I do use movie maker. Thanks

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice