1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PDF files?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by BigTex, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Hey guys, does anyone know of any software that will allow one to transfer to a (word document) or type on and PDF file. I know Acrobat Reader can but it's way too expensive.

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

3. XL Guru

XL Guru

>> Acrobat Reader can but it's way too expensive.

??? -- AFAIK, Reader is free.

Either way, you can activate the Select Text tool (Reader v6), then mark text and copy & paste to Word (as unformatted text, preferably).

IIRC, Reader 5 had an all-purpose "Select" button that you had to click & hold for the selection options to cascade -- this method was dead hard to find in Help.

And if you do have v5, DON'T upgrade to v6 -- it sucks royally by comparison.

HTH,
    Andy

4. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Thanks guys I'll give it a try!

5. Gram123

Gram123

Check here for the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

HTH

Gram

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

7. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

I'd like to copy a PDF into Word and be able to type on that document. Now I can copy a PDF into Word but, it doesn't copy correctly. All the words become mixed up together and if there are any lines or sections seperating words and different categories it won't copy.

8. BigTex

BigTex Thread Starter

Oh yeah, the Adobe Acrobat Reader won't allow me to change or add anything to the document that I need.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice