1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pdf fill in form not printing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Frankie6925, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frankie6925

Frankie6925 Thread Starter

Hi! I'm trying to fill in forms at irs.gov. I can fill them out just fine, but when I go to print, it prints a blank form without any of the info that I have filled in. I filled out one of the forms at work and it printed just fine. Why can't I get this to work at home. I can't do our tax returns at work. Please help me. Need to get our returns done.

Also, there are several sites at irs.gov where you can provide your information and they will prepare your return. How secure is this?
    I have prepared our returns and know which forms to use etc., but it would be nice to have it prepared by one of these services to double check my calculations. I am just a little leary of putting this information out there. Am I being paranoid?

Thanks for your help at this stressful time of year.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

When the print diologue box appears try selecting "Print document and markups" from the drop down menu located under the section labeled "Comments and Forms"

Regards,
    Rollin

3. Frankie6925

Thanks for your quick reply, but that didn't work either. I am beside myself.

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

What version of Adobe are you using? Have you tried to reinstall the program or update to a newer version of Adobe if you don't have version 8 already?

Regards,
    Rollin

5. Frankie6925

Have Adobe Reader 8. This is really frustrating.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Have these forms been downloaded and saved to your PC or are you simply opening them directly from the website and trying to print them after filling them in?

Regards,
    Rollin

7. Frankie6925

Filled them in on the website. When it printed the blank form without the info I filled in, I tried saving the form to my computer. It saved all filled in and I tried printing it from the file I saved it to. Again printed a blank form without my information. As I said, at work it printed the completed form. What makes this even more of a dilema, is that I just went to another site from my home computer and filled in a Pdf. form and it has printed just fine. Just don't understand what I am doing wrong.

8. Frankie6925

Still trying to fill in the forms for our tax returns and print them, and still can't get them to print with the filled in information. Really getting frustrated. This should be so simple.

9. afif

afif

Here's a workaround:
    If you print a range of pages instead of 'all pages' it prints filled in information correctly.
    Regards
    Afif

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice