PDF Split & Merge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

A user on here suggested I try this software. I downloaded and installed and it said it installed. I try to open it and it gives an error saying "Sorry, no suitable JRE version found on your system". I have a big map in pdf and only want to print a small portion of it...any ideas?

lschul

OK, I will ask this first. I was on a friend's website and it asked me to update or do something with Java and it somehow changed the look of my computer as far as colors, etc go...it was really odd. Will that likely happen again? Also, I was able to print a portion of the pdf I wanted.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Personally, I couldn't image using the Internet or many applications without Java. It once was part of Microsoft operating systems. However, a dispute between Sun and Microsoft disolved that partnership.

Java is needed on a lot of websites for proper functioning or if you want to be able to take advantage of all that the Web has to offer.

Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.

calvin-c

Banned
I can't imagine how updating Java would change your desktop so I suspect it was your "friend's" website. I'd be leery of friends who write apps that change my PC without my informed permission.

lschul

I downloaded it, seemed to work just fine. maybe a restart is in order...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online