1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pdf trouble

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Kindra, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kindra

Kindra Thread Starter

I was wondering how I would go about opening a pdf file with a diferent program. When it asked the first time, I accedently choose the wrong Open With program. So now when ever I open a pdf file it uses the wrong program to try and open it. Then it gives an error message. I know I forgot to uncheck the ALWAYS OPEN WITH THIS PROGRAM. You know it's the window that gives you all the reader programs!??:(
    Help!!
    Kindra

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Don't worry about it. Go back and find a pdf, highlight it, right click while holding the shift button. Choose "Open with," Be sure the Always etc box is checked, Then either find the reader on the list or browse to it if not present. Double click to open the file.

3. Kindra

Kindra Thread Starter

I tried using your tip and what I got when I right clicked it wasn't the same. There wasn't an open with, to click on. Now what can I do!?? I've got to go!
    Kindra

4. angel

angel

Make sure the file highlighted and that you're holding down the Shift key while you right-click.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58739

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice