1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pdf

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kjvbible1611, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjvbible1611

kjvbible1611 Thread Starter

I have several newspapers stored as pdf's. I want to copy the text from a few articles and place them in a word file. The only problem is that the when I try to copy, the highlighted area stretches across all the columns on the page. Is there any way I can extract the text one column at a time?

Gary

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    These files are protect so you can not do what you want to do.
    If you can zoom to the area that you want to copy, then you can do a screen shot, of that area and save it as a image. Then most of the current OCR programs will work with most any image.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice