Peer Guardian 2 - Does this work?....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulb100

Ive been wondering about this program... a friend says that it keeps nastys out your PC and stops Anti-P2P Orgs from snooping on you.... but when I do some research I find opinions mixed - some say it works and others say it does nothing at all

What does it do exactly and how does it work?

THANKS

karbo

Banned
I've used this program in the past but never been sure of what it did. Does it work, I honestly don't know. One thing's for sure, you won't get any P2P support on this forum. Sorry.

Read Protect Your Privacy When Downloading.

It talks about what Peer Guardian brings to the table in addition to adding a proxy with BTGuard. (Peer Guardian is free, and BTGuard is subscription ($7/mo)).

Also has BitTorrent beginner and intermediate guide links at end of article.

-- Tom

fairnooks

Banned
I don't know about the program either but I doubt it can do much more than offer a transposing layer which might superficially mask you but if anyone took a real interest that mask would be easilly detected at the ISP level because of the fundamental way that P2P works, which is that peers exchange information with other peers and there has to be a very good trail of breadcrumbs in order for that to happen. Otherwise the whole system would either collapse or it would be exceedingly difficult to locate and use a P2P network.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts