1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Peer Guardian 2 - Does this work?....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by paulb100, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

Ive been wondering about this program... a friend says that it keeps nastys out your PC and stops Anti-P2P Orgs from snooping on you.... but when I do some research I find opinions mixed - some say it works and others say it does nothing at all

What does it do exactly and how does it work?

THANKS

2. karbo

karbo Banned

I've used this program in the past but never been sure of what it did. Does it work, I honestly don't know. One thing's for sure, you won't get any P2P support on this forum. Sorry.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Read Protect Your Privacy When Downloading.

It talks about what Peer Guardian brings to the table in addition to adding a proxy with BTGuard. (Peer Guardian is free, and BTGuard is subscription ($7/mo)).

Also has BitTorrent beginner and intermediate guide links at end of article.

-- Tom

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I don't know about the program either but I doubt it can do much more than offer a transposing layer which might superficially mask you but if anyone took a real interest that mask would be easilly detected at the ISP level because of the fundamental way that P2P works, which is that peers exchange information with other peers and there has to be a very good trail of breadcrumbs in order for that to happen. Otherwise the whole system would either collapse or it would be exceedingly difficult to locate and use a P2P network.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!