Peer to Peer Config Win-Me & Win 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mirbeawi

I tried to establish a "peer to peer"between my Win-Me Desktop and my Win-2000-v5-sp2 notebook without success.

My current configuration:

Desktop

-Client for Microsoft Networks
-File & Printing sharing enable
-User access control
-Workgroup=Acme
-TCP/IP Properties: Specific IP address , Pinging OK

Notebook

-Client for Microsoft Networks
-File & Printing sharing enable
-Workgroup=Acme
-TCP/IP Properties: Specific IP address , Pinging OK

Both PCs see each other in Win Explorer /Entire Network , however when try to open other-pc icon (to access shared folders), I get: "\\desktop is not accessible . The specified server cannot perform the requested operation".

Thanks in advance for any help to solve this problem . I need this to transfer big files at home.

William Miranda

Your going to need to be logged on to both machines using client for microsoft network. Then in 2k your going to need to setup a user account for yourself from the winme machine with the proper priveleges to allow you to do what you want.

Bah, can't remember, see helmig

http://www.wown.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online