1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Peer to Peer network dropping connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LWPeterson, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LWPeterson

LWPeterson Thread Starter

We have a 6 workstation peer to peer network, mixture of win7 and win10. We use a shared folder to aggregate artwork, accessible to all the workstations. We recently built a new computer to house the shared folder, installed win10 and moved all the data, reinstalled all the software that workstation needs(CorelDraw and proprietary plug ins).

Main Issue.
    Periodically the other workstations lose the connection to the main shared folder. Could this be a Windows issue?

Another side issue is the simple file explorer setting change, it happened again overnight last night. Possible a Windows update side effect?

Can someone point me to a path to resolve the network connectivity disruptions?

Thank you in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 16
    RAM: 16304 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon (TM) R7 360 Series, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (186 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (1569 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. scs-04

scs-04

I am having the exact same issue at a client. They are all Windows 10 PC's connecting to a 'share' on another Win 10 PC acting as a 'server' that is just hosting the shared folder with no one using the PC. It is really just running like a NAS device. I have done all the Registry hacks with the timeout and auto-reconnect entries but no changes. It happens randomly on all the PC's at different times for each. Never at the same time on all of them. There is 1 PC that it rarely happens on. All power saving on the NIC's are turned off and the drive mapping is set to reconnect at start-up. The drive is always there at start-up but then falls off during the day. Really the only way to get it back is to reboot. I am going to create batch file for them to run and see if it recreats the connection without rebooting until I can figure this out.

Has anyone else had this issue and what else can I try to fix it.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212385

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice