1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Peerblock 1.0+ (r484) - Beta Release - Bogon list

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pcuser1, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcuser1

pcuser1 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3574 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 91246 MB, Free - 32129 MB; D: Total - 8278 MB, Free - 6939 MB; E: Total - 7002 MB, Free - 6941 MB; F: Total - 55030 MB, Free - 22102 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HH807
    Antivirus: None

I was wondering why Peerblock 1.0+ (r484) - Beta Release - Bogon list is blocking a LAN IP address.

The entry in Peerblock is:

Time 15:28:10 Range Bogon Source 0.0.0.0:68 Destination 255.255.255.255:67 Protocol UDP Action Blocked

From what I understand from the Peerblock Bogon list, the blocked connection should not occur (that's why Peerblock blocks the connection.) Based on my very limited networking knowledge, this doesn't seem to be a LAN broadcast, but maybe a multicast. If so what is being "casted" and why?

My home router is Linksys WRT160Nv3 running : Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/02/10) mini

I run Kaspersky Internet Security once in a while to check for viruses but I don''t download much, I just look at websites, and Kaspersky tells me I don't have any Viruses or Trojans.

My printer is connected to my (see above) box via USB (shared) and I can print just fine from all computers. I keep my printer turned off most of the time because I don't print much. My (see above) box is connected via wireless and I have a laptop and Iphone that connect to the router with absolutely no problems.

I am trying to figure out what is being blocked by Peerblock and why this is occurring.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.... !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice