1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pen Drive Data Recovery Programs? Any that are Free? Able to get past password protec

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by buginson, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

Hi, I have a pen drive by Disgo 256mb that i need to access. It contains a password protection program which my mother set up on the stick. She has forgotten to write the password down and has forgotten to write her email address down which she set up at the same time which has her password for it, stored on. Is there any way i can get access to the pen drive data to back up for her that is stored on the protected area of the pen drive? I've heard you can get a program called data doctor, that scans the drive and allows you to backup the data, but unless i buy the whole program i cannot recover the information.

Would this program get by the password protection on the drive?
    If not is there another way to do it?
    Are there any free programs or ways to gain access to it?

I don't use pen drives myself but my mother has some university work she needs to get off the stick. Nothing sensitive but just important for her work.

Hope anyone can help and hope this request is not against any rules. Sorry if it is.

2. Cyps

Cyps

3. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

yeah tried that but im only able to scan 25mb of the disgo pen drive. the rest is protected i guess by the security coded software. Would there be anything i could use to find out the password? Or a free program that could scan the rest of the drive? The password was a goodie, so good my mother forgot it. uppercase lower case and numbers and she says it was random. Doh the disgo is 256MB in size.

4. Cyps

Cyps

Sorry, then your chances are not good, in fact I would say none.

5. WebKing27

WebKing27

Did you tried contacting the manufacturer to get solution over this?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you've used the security feature, and now the drive is corrupted, your recovery chances have dropped to near zero. IMO, the "security" for USB FLASH drives should be your pocket. If you really have some sensitive info on them, ZIP it with a password.

7. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

Their website states that if you forget your password the only way it can be accessed is if i format it and reset the password. (but then i will have lost the work)!

8. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

there must be something i can do? With all the tech wizz people out there who get into government websites and find security flaws in programs, is there nothing that i can use to get by one little password on a pen drive?!?!?!?
    Blimey they should use pen drive password protection in websites. noone would get through! lol

9. Cyps

Cyps

You must realise that only a legal solution to a problem can be discussed on these forums. No hacks or cracks can be entertained in any way. Sorry again but there is no solution this forum can supply unless it is within the rules.

10. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

fair enough.

11. WebKing27

WebKing27

Thanks Cyps bringing everyone back to the forum rules. But at the same time if you are the owner of that pen drive then where should you go to solve the problem. Just asking.

12. Cyps

Cyps

No one could even tell you that without risking their membership of this forum. I wish everyone would please read the rules before posting. This forum strictly forbids any illegal advice being given in any way, shape, or form at any time whatsoever. A moderator should be writing this though, hope I haven't jumped the gun, but I hope now the message is clear.

13. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

A moderator is watching this thread. :)

14. buginson

buginson Thread Starter

bit of a difficult one isn't it.

Am i right into beliving that post like this are not allowed to give out information due to law suits? And the whole site being shut down.

I know in theroy i could have stolen the drive and be trying to get information out of it about someone else, but i guess it's a grey area that could be exploited by theif's. Well anyway i formated the drive as i couldn't find a way around it. Ah well.

Cool avatar Mr moderator. where do you find nice free animated Advatars like that?

Thanks for trying everyone. :)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/533016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice