1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pendrive problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jothikumar_it, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jothikumar_it

jothikumar_it Thread Starter

I am using moserbaer pen drive (4GB) . When i plug it into my USB port, I get the icon of it in system tray but i could not see my pen drive icon in the explorer window.

Not only with pen drive even with the card reader the same problem( i could not see the contents of the memory card)
    Please help me.

2. Morny

Morny

Hi jothikumar_it,

Try the following:-

1) On your Desktop, Right Click MY COMPUTER icon. (Place your mouse pointer exactly in the middle of that computer screen)

2) In the dropdown menu, Right click on MANAGE

3) Click on Disk Management under the Storage section and the right-hand side will show you all of the current drives and partitions on your drive. Under your USB pen drive, you’ll see the word “Removable”

4) Right click on your portable drive and click change drive letter and paths.

5) Now a assign a new drive letter which is not being used by any of your drives in My Computer.

6) After assigning the new drive letter, your portable drive will show up in my computer with other drives

3. jothikumar_it

I did it and could not see the icon in explorer

4. Morny

Morny

I presume you removed the pen and reinserted this, using the Safe Removal feature in the taskbar area?

5. jothikumar_it

yes i did it and changed the drive path from p to k and nothing detected

6. Morny

Morny

Have you tried plugging it in to another slot? Just wondered if you have another PC you could try it in to see if it's recognised?
    Did your pendrive came with its own driver? If so, you will need this for it to work.

Also, if you haven't got any data on the pen drive, I would format this drive and assign a letter of your choice.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/855599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice