1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pendrives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheCableGuy, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheCableGuy

TheCableGuy Thread Starter

How many of you use pendrives? (USB flash memories?)
    I'm looking forward to buy one cause I really need it due to my work, I've been using an SD card with a pocket SD card reader but it doens't work anymore.

So, any suggestions regarding brands?
    I hear kingston and sandisk are good ones, I don;'t want to buy a ****** pendriver cause they say they go blank if it;s too hot or go erase all your data after a while.

Ok, your turn now! thanks people!

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I used to use them, but the capacity of them is so limited I had to trade up to external drive enclosures. You might think about doing the same. The notebook drive external cases are pretty small and easy to carry.

3. TheCableGuy

no, I don't need that much capacity, I'm gonna buy a 512 mb pendrive cause the data i have to move here and there goes from 10 megs to 300 mb, when I have gigs of data i just use a regular hard disk, dont need a portable HD, plus im not looking forward to spend that much money, i can buy a 512 for 50 - 80 bucks

4. TheCableGuy

but thanks anywaY

5. delldude

delldude

Kingston!

They look great and of course, they're kingston!
    But I dont make that much money so I find em expensive, but i cant wait to get my own kingston UFD.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have several of the Lexar ones, 256mb and 1gig. They're great, and the only recommendation I have is to make sure you get the USB 2.0 high speed model.

7. TheCableGuy

Ok thanks, I'm gonna go with the 512 Mb Kingston, I saw a 'Mini-Merlin', they were pretty cool, reeeealy small, the smallest ones actually, but I don't know that brand nor anyone using that brand, so Kingston it is, it's $51, plus I'm gonna get a USB extensor with 4 ports on one side for $7 so I can plug it to the extensor on the computer at work because it doesn't have a front USB port and it's always a pain in the *** to plug things in.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!