1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pent4 Motherboard Install Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jett_30032, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jett_30032

jett_30032 Thread Starter

I am installing a Intel D845GRG into a 7121 Acer Aspire case. Everything fits OK until I try to turn it on and nothing happens. I got a front panel schematic from the intel site and followed it to the end but still no reaction. Can anyone give me any help on this one. I am still checking Intel sites and Acer sites for help. The support link on the Intel only generated automated responses. I have yet to here from a real intel tech. Below is a link to the schematics for the front panel connectors.

www.intel.com/design/motherbd/rg/rg_con.htm

2. Chum

Chum

Is this a tested case and Power Supply? Try reversing the leads of the front panel connectors.

3. jett_30032

Explain this a little deeper please.
    thanks for the reply also.

4. Chum

Chum

Hard to use a deeper voice while typing...sorry I jest...the connector for your power switch...pull it out, turn it over, plug it back in...make sure yoy have power switch turned off while doing this...also recheck all of your connections.

5. jett_30032

lol:D

I have tried this and still nothing. I spoke with my older brother (System Implimentation) and he is going to check the circuit for me this weekend. But if I can find the problem before it will be so helpful.

I can feel the speed of the Pentium 4 now. HHMMMMM can you feel it? CAN YOU FEEL IT? Yeah, I thought you could.

Oh I'm sorry i got a little excited. that happens when you've been on a Pent2 for a while. anxiety builds up from anticipation.

6. lafn

lafn

hate to see how it acts with a AMD xp
    heh!

------------------------------------------------------
    nobody is perfect... I'm nobody..... I must be perfect then..

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since the power switch for this MB is just a set of N/O contacts, what does this accomplish?

8. Chum

Chum

Your right...I was thinking of when the HDD Led does not work...my bad.

9. jett_30032

This is from intel's automated response. the power switch on the case need to have a momentary contact time of 50 milliseconds or more to power up.

so I went out and got a new case and sure enough it started. YAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!!

close this thread

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice