Pentax not downloading pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bunka43

I have never had a problem with my camera until last week. Now I cannot get pictures off camera. Device not detecting camera . Camera shows screen Memory card error. Book says download images when this message is seen. Have tried all Pentax, VAIO, and Microsoft sites. No response. Thank you:eek:

Camera shows screen Memory card error. Book says download images when this message is seen.
Are you trying to say the camera is showing a “memory card error” on the screen? You can’t usually download with a memory card error. Or do anything else for that matter.

If the images in the camera are valuable to you remove the card and have them printed or copied to disk at an office center. No guarantee of that working but it is worth a try. Then put the card back in the camera and format it. If you can’t format it and it isn’t showing as a drive you probably have to buy a new memory card.

What OS are you running? If it is XP or 2000 it should detect the camera automatically as a removable drive. If it is 98 there are drivers installed that may be corrupt. First off try a new cable and if you have more than one USB port on your PC try a different one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online