Pentium 4 versus Pentium D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

allenkc

I am getting ready to purchase a new computer. I am trying to decide which processor will better for me. Should I get a "D" 3.0 or a "4" ht 3.2? I do play some high end games and do some video editing. Which will work faster for me?

I know you peeps have some ideas. Any at all would be great.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

PS. This is going to be a high end Dell(taking the easy way out :rolleyes: )

allenkc

Sorry Arcadion, I did do a search but that thread didn't come up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

allenkc

That thread that you said this topic was discussed was more a clash of AMD and Pentium Users. I don't need that opinion. What I need to know is how much difference will there be in Pentium D 3.0 and the Pentium 4 HT 3.2?

I was thinking I read somewhere that the D is not as good for gaming as the 4 is. Anybody else know this or read this anywhere. Any advise would be great.

Thanks!!

Yes, I know. But the other thread started off as this same topic, and I can pretty much guarantee that due to the maturity of many of the users on these forums, your thread will end up the same way. I suggest you read the articles on these processors on www.tomshardware.com www.anandtech.com etc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online