pentium 4 wuth hyper threading technology

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomo

Hello first of all thanks on a quick replay regarding another question what a service any way. I just obtain a burned motherboard that has Pentium 4 2.80 ghz with hyper threading technology, now mother board is fried but Pentium 4 CPU is just fine my question is, can i take that Pentium 4 CPU which has hyper treading technology and install it in to my PC which also runs Pentium 4 but it is without hyper threading technology. Or do i first haw to get new mother board which supports Pen 4 with hyper treading technology

PS is hyper treading technology on a CPU or it part of a motherboard

Thanks

First off, to use hyperthreading, you have to make sure that the motherboard supports it. But u can still use the processor in the motherboard, just without HT.

Second HT is part of the processor.

HTH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online