1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

People near me cannot work?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Adam24, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adam24

Adam24 Thread Starter

My laptop runs on windows vista.
    Its a gateway.
    Well for a couple of months its been expieriencing problems, the screen randomly goes blue with little white marks moving and then it goes off.
    well yestarday i got on the internet and it wasnt doing anything so i restarted it, then it said PEOPLE NEAR ME CANNOT START, A SYSTEM CALL THAT SHOULDNT FAIL HAS FAILED, and it also says on the bar at the bottom that a system that lets users on cannot work or something like that and something about an administrator.
    Now it says that every time i turn it on, and it wont connect to the internet, and help and support cannot open.
    please help

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That's definitely some kind of virus. Computers don't sense people around you. It's a hacker messing with your head and your computer.

3. Adam24

Adam24 Thread Starter

Well when i click start and type people near me there is a program that is called that and it says its not able to open, but the caption when i move the mouse over it says that it helps with getting on a network or something like that.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

More... If you open Control Panel and type "people" in the search box a link appears for "Change People Near Me settings". Clicking that link opens a settings window and under Options there is a checkbox for "Sign me in automatically when Windows starts". It is not checked by default.

6. Adam24

Adam24 Thread Starter

That didnt work, and now its saying that winsdows firewall is turned off so what do i do now?

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting doing anything, just describing how it works. But I would uncheck sign me in if it wasn't checked before. I don't know what it would have to do with the windows firewall.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880804