People's Choice Awards Last Night

Deke40

We had just got through watching some of our taped shows and while rewinding one I had the People's Choice Awards on. Jessica Simpson did her rendition of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" and I honestly thought she was doing a parody of the song.

Having never watched are perform anything I cannot believe she makes millions if that is a measurement of her talent. I didn't think anybody could do a worse performance of that song than the original by Nancy Sinatra. Is her sister Ashley as bad as she is?

I guess I really feel bad for some of the great older performers in this country that were talented and worked their butts off and really didn't make a whole lot of money and at the present time all it takes is a good backup band and a lot of fluff and these no talent performers make millions.

Jessica Simpson is famous because she is pretty. Britney Spears is famous because she is a good dancer. Madonna (pre-Evita) was famous because she was shocking. All three are average singers, at best. All three also know how to get people to pay attention to them. I totally agree with you. I can't stand to listen/watch Jessica sing. She's insanely beautiful though, and a charming person. Methinks some people can't quite distinguish between likability and talent.

It's painful to hear both Jessica and Britney sing - they really have terrible voices. As for Ashely (or A Simp as my daughter affectionately calls her) She screams alot when she sings so she doesn't sound as bad as the other two. Flashes in the pan IMO.:rolleyes:

It is also painful to hear Christina Aguilera, Céline Dion or her French equivalent Lara Fabian : they are talented yellers ! (n)
I just can't bear them ! :D

Chicon said:
It is also painful to hear Christina Aguilera, Céline Dion or her French equivalent Lara Fabian : they are talented yellers ! (n)
I just can't bear them ! :D
Christina and Celine, as annoying as they may be at times, are incredibly talented. Excellent range and control. But, you know, if they're irritating, it doesn't matter how talented they are. :D My singing idols are Mariah and Whitney. They are amazing. (y)

Deke40

DiSaidSo said:
My singing idols are Mariah and Whitney. They are amazing. (y)
Whitney's biggest problem was getting hooked up with Bobby Brown and she has had nothing but problems since.

I remember seeing the movie "Bodyguard" and I stopped and bought the tape with "I Will Always Love You" on it and just about wore it out replaying that one song.

I can't believe anybody would waste their time watching The People's Choice Awards show.......?? I'm really getting burned out on all the "Hollywood" stories and people.....its soooooo overrated.

Deke40

hotskates said:
I can't believe anybody would waste their time watching The People's Choice Awards show.......?? I'm really getting burned out on all the "Hollywood" stories and people.....its soooooo overrated.
I didn't even make it through Jessica's song.:D

Deke40 said:
I didn't even make it through Jessica's song.:D
She has a great voice.......what ruins it for me when she sings is her "style. If she would just sing "normal" I could watch her without cringing.

Couriant

James
Deke40 said:
We had just got through watching some of our taped shows and while rewinding one I had the People's Choice Awards on. Jessica Simpson did her rendition of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" and I honestly thought she was doing a parody of the song.

Having never watched are perform anything I cannot believe she makes millions if that is a measurement of her talent. I didn't think anybody could do a worse performance of that song than the original by Nancy Sinatra. Is her sister Ashley as bad as she is?
She did a remake of the British Pop King Robbie Williams's Angels and she really screwed it up. She needs to stop butchering up other peoples songs and butcher her own.

hotskates said:
It's all the self-aggrandizing that turns me off. Pat all of yourselves on the back. Shake your own hand. I also hate this speech: "This just goes to show that if you believe in yourself enough, you can accomplish anything." From watching American Idol faithfully for four years, I have learned that no really, some people just suck. Don't tell people that the reason they failed was that they just didn't "believe" in themselves enough. Sometimes, they just suck and should maybe find another occupation. (n)

DiSaidSo said:
From watching American Idol faithfully for four years, I have learned that no really, some people just suck
The People's Choice Awards show should have Simon Cowell doing commentary on the side.......at least we'd get the truth:eek:

Couriant

James
hotskates said:
The People's Choice Awards show should have Simon Cowell doing commentary on the side.......at least we'd get the truth:eek:
Write to them, that's a great idea :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online