Perc 6/i problems

Stivey

Hello forum.

This server is for a home lab: I have a dell t610 which I was given, this server originally had 3 hard drivers and win server 2008 installed on it. Via the cofig/bios for the perc 6 controllers, i was able to erase the existing raid. I then took 3 hard drives (good, working drives) i had sitting in another t610 (not working) and put them into the original t610. I then mistakenly created to VD's, the first was 4 drives raid 5, the second was 2 drives raid 0. I realized that I didnt want the raid configured that way, and erased that whole raid configuration. My dilemma now, is that (pics included for clarity of issue) although from "PD Mgmt" i show 6 disks all in state "ready" then I go to "VD Mgmt" and f2 on Controller 0, I choose raid 5 (same result for each raid lvl) and as soon as I choose a disk that was in either raid (my original screw up) the other disks that were no in that same raid, are not choosable (the brackets where the x goes to indicate a chosen drive turn black from white) For some reason I cant make one raid now, it's forcing me to make 2

For some reason, the controller is not allowing me to create one raid 5 (with one hot spare)

Attachments

Last edited:

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can't create a volume out of dis-similar disk types. You're trying to create a volume with a mix of SATA and SAS drives. You can create a RAID volume with different size disks so long as they're all of the same type: all SATA or all SAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online