1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Perfect Backup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gudda96, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gudda96

gudda96 Thread Starter

Who can suggest the perfect backup that can be understood by medium level users.

I use w98se/oe6/ie6/have cd writer and have backed up on floppies..favorites/address book/isp details/AVG boot disk 1/AVG recue disk 2.

I will attach a Belarc profile of my system.

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

3. raybro

raybro

I use Norton Ghost to burn a backup image to CD. Pretty hard to beat. This makes an image of the complete drive or partition... Everything! Restoring the image to your drive takes it back to exactly what it was when the image was made. That's as close to "perfect" as you are going to get.

I've also heard that Acronis True Image is comparable to Ghost, but have never used it. :cool:

4. gudda96

gudda96 Thread Starter

Wizzkid/Raybro

Is Ghost free?
    Is free short for freeware(and is that the d/loads we should go for)
    Share,is that when they invade pc

5. raybro

raybro

Nope, Ghost is not free. Look here for info:

http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

True image also cost $

There are some free backup programs online, but I've never used any. I suggest you run a google search ( www.google.com ) for "backup" and check it out.

BTW... Free/ freeware are the same. Shareware has no relationship to "invading" your PC. You may be thinking of Trojan or Spyware.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice