1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Perflib_Perfdata_7a8

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Richard Benjamin, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Benjamin

Richard Benjamin Thread Starter

Every night I clear/delete my Local Settings\Temp folder. I close all programs and windows before I do this but I CANNOT delete these files:
    Perflib_Perfdata_7a8;
    Perflib_Perfdata_22c;
    Perflib_Perfdata_d74.

These files say they open with EarthLink TotalAccess and are DAT files. When I try to delete them I get the following message:
    Cannot delete Perflib_Perfdata_7a8: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using this file and try again.

Someone at work today said I have an infection and this is MALWARE.

How can I delete these files?

Windows XP SP2
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Dell Dimension DVO51
    4CPU 2.80GHz
    279GHz, 504 MB of RAM

Thanks,

Richard :)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's a performance log created by the system. If you use Disk Cleanup to clean the temp files, it will only delete files that have not been used for a while (5 days, I think) and save those files that may still be needed by the system or apps.

If you really feel that you need to remove them:

UnlockIt
    FreeFile
    Emco Move On Boot
    Unlocker

3. Richard Benjamin

Richard Benjamin Thread Starter

Thanks man, appreciate you time & input :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice