Perflib_Perfdata_7a8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Richard Benjamin

Every night I clear/delete my Local Settings\Temp folder. I close all programs and windows before I do this but I CANNOT delete these files:
Perflib_Perfdata_7a8;
Perflib_Perfdata_22c;
Perflib_Perfdata_d74.

These files say they open with EarthLink TotalAccess and are DAT files. When I try to delete them I get the following message:
Cannot delete Perflib_Perfdata_7a8: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using this file and try again.

Someone at work today said I have an infection and this is MALWARE.

How can I delete these files?

Windows XP SP2
Home Edition
Version 2002
Dell Dimension DVO51
4CPU 2.80GHz
279GHz, 504 MB of RAM

Thanks,

Richard :)

It's a performance log created by the system. If you use Disk Cleanup to clean the temp files, it will only delete files that have not been used for a while (5 days, I think) and save those files that may still be needed by the system or apps.

If you really feel that you need to remove them:

UnlockIt
FreeFile
Emco Move On Boot
Unlocker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online