Performance issues since updating to windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soapydudezy

Hello
I was on windows 8 for a very long time and recently went on windows 10 to be able to play Sea Of Thieves.

I've never had problems with my 4-5ish years of windows 8
But since i've installed win10, my pc freezes a lot.
It can be while watching a video, playing a video game, being on discord with friends...
My sound will be gone, my screen will freeze and i'll hear a little beep coming from my actual PC case and then everything will be back to normal, some apps will close or stay frozen tho.
I think that my RAM is the culprit but I have 16 Go
I also have a Focusrite Scarlett (audio interface for a cathodic microphone)
It munched a lot of ram on win8 but never caused any issues
I've done everything that I could for my focusrite to not eat so much RAM and my issues are less strong but still there
(Before my pc would totally shutdown during a game and now sometimes the game just freezes and close)

What can be done about this ?

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. Find the display adapter and right click Update. Also update the network adapters.

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.
If this is by chance a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever; post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

As stated....we need the complete system specs.

When did you do the upgrade? I would manually get the latest drivers from the devices support website.

Personally, I've experienced catastrophic upgrades where I had to do a clean install and other times I had the upgrade go perfectly. Why...who knows, it just happens. Then there's users like you that are in the in between realm. Some stuff works and other stuff doesn't.

IMO: Since this is a major OS upgrade...I would grab the MS Media Creation Tool and put the ISO on a USB drive (faster install) and do a clean install. Since you've already done the upgrade path and it's activated (it is activated) then I would start the process for a clean install.

This would mean backing up (saving) anything you need/want as it will be lost in the clean install. With your issues, I would do a clean install ASAP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online