1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to firmware prob

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kirkA, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirkA

kirkA Thread Starter

I have a i7-920 on a EVGA x58 SLI board running Windows7-x64. In my Event Viewer log, there is an error message that reads "Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware." There are 8 new error messages added to the log everytime that I boot-up. I contacted EVGA and one tech said that it was a Window7 problem and I would have to wait on a SP from Microsoft. Another tech said that it is an Intel problem and that I should contact Intel...... I have later learned that they both are wrong.:(

I contacted Intel and the tech there told me that the problem may be related to Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) and Enhanced Halt State (C1E).

Here is what I did to fix the error messages. In the BIOS I went to Frequency>Voltage Control and enabled Intel Speed step and set the CxE function to C6.:)

Hopefully, this will help others that are having this error message in their Event Viewer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice