Performance tab missing in XP Systems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rkselby98

Trying to check the caching for the cd rom in XP. The following are the instructions from MS but there is not performance tab. How do you get the permission tab to appear.

AM logged on as Adminst. and have Full permission on everything.

Disable read ahead and caching for the CD-ROM drive. To do so, follow these steps: 1. In Control Panel, double click System.
2. Click the Performance tab.
3. Click File System.
4. Click the CD-ROM tab and move the Supplemental Cache Size slider all the way to the left (to Small).
5. In the Optimize Access Pattern For box, click No Read Head.

Attachments

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
Rick:

I don't think that it is there in XP. Those are Win9x instructions that you are following (I think).

rkselby98

You could very well be correct but when installing Office xp a error 1304: error writing to file appears and that is microsoft's solution but I had no idea where it was.

Tried copying CD to new folder on desktop, changing files to archives, installing in Safe mode and same error only different file names.

But I thought it was worth checking into for I can't find any other solutions to this problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!