Performing a system backup with rewritable drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kyleigh

If my system backup exceeds the space of the cd-rw I am rewriting to, am I able to continue the backup on a second cd-rw? If so, How do you do this? Everytime I try, it cancels the backup due to lack of space.

Most Third-Party backup packages use disk spanning.

What are you using to do this task?
What software I mean.

Also my best advice for this task is an extrrnal hard drive.

If you are used to using CD and you started using an external drive, you will say "Wow this rocks" :)

jameso321

kyleigh

I am using the built in backup in Windows XP, Accessories, System Tools.

Look at CMS Peripherals Automatic Backup systems. They aren't cheap,but to me it is the best way to go.

I wouldn't trust my back-up to a CD-RW anyway. They are not known to be reliable. If you are going to use CDs (as opposed to other mentioned methods) please use CDRs. You will be glad you did............

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online