1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

periodic framerate lag on ALL GAMES (singleplayer also)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arindam1, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arindam1

Arindam1 Thread Starter

Hey guys ,
    I am tired of the periodic lag that spikes suddenly while playing ANY GAME (Battlefield BC2 , Call of duty etc.).When I start playing the game runs smooth for about 20 - 30 min and then a lag spikes reducing the frame rate for 5 min and the game is not playable. after 5 min it again runs smooth and so on it goes on and on. i have surfed the net for about 3 months and cannot find a solution . Please help :confused:
    A few months ago i noted another thing that whenever the game lags the process
    called "System idle process " goes to 98% and as it dropsand goes to around 50% the game again runs fine

My system specs
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(Tm)2 Cpu 4300 @ 1.80Ghz 1.80 Ghz
    Installed memory (RAM):3.00 GB
    System Type : 32-bit Operating System
    Graphic card : Nvidea geforce 9500gt
    Please Help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!