permanant safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Renegade313

hi, all.

I have just got done going into safe mode ot run some virus scans and things "clean up, ewirdo, etc." and when i finished, i restartmed my comp and the appearance of everyhitng still looks as if i'm in safe mode. The icons on my desktop are still huge and out of place, the color for everything is distorted and blotchy.obviously i can still operate all prgrams, i'm jsut stuck with this hiddeous look.

Also, another smaller detail that might help you guys determine whats going on. There's an image on my desktop that says "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer. View the list of top spyware removers here."

Firstly your apt description suggests that you have accidentally removed your video drivers and you have the default 640 x 480 resolution at 256 colors.

Look in Display Properties and see if you can increase the resolution, if you cannot then a reload of the drivers will be needed for your specific hardware.

Secondly the "spyware" warning suggests that you are still infected. It will be the spyware that is generating the notce most likely to try and get you to buy their product....

Renegade313

okay i jsut looked for my vdriver CD's but i couldnt find them. is there anyway to find them online. Now that i think about it, i have no idea what i had. all i know is i had whatever comes with a Dell Dimension 8200. I think i remember Nvidia or.........I dunno. (few minutes later)...okay, i looked in my device manager and what i found was "NVIDIA GEforce 4 MX 420".

Renegade313

okay. I found some NVIDIA drivers, installed them,, and now i love my display even MORE. But theres still numerous amounts of pop pups and stuff. strang things. The image i spoke about earlier on my desktop, isnt jsut an image. Its actually like a clickable link, but its ON my desktop. I've never seen that before. Iw ent to the display set up and thepicture they still say that my original picture is on the desktop, completely ignoring the ad thats there. does anyone know of a good pop up blocker i could? something simple. Thanks to all that help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online