1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Permanent Website edit issue

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by habsfan007, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habsfan007

habsfan007 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I am having problems trying to permanently edit a website on my local computer. Basically what I am trying to do is make changes to text in a certain website so that they remain even after refreshing the webpage. Obviously only on my computer at home locally.

I used live website editor extension on google chrome, but the text that I am trying to edit is inline text. This extension doesn't support the editing of inline text.

Using the latest version of google chrome on windows Vista. Can also use Firefox if there is a plug-in that would work only on firefox.

HELP!!!!

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Check with the Chrome guys, but I doubt that it is designed for retaining your own modified version locally - they would have to use cookies and massive ones at that, methinks...

3. peonowns

peonowns

With the html classes i am doing at the moment i learnt about the contentEditable attribute this can be used for editing inline text from a local machine and updating the site
    Not 100% if you can make it password protected or auth only you would have do some research
    Here is a link i found on google.

http://gazpo.com/2011/09/contenteditable/

good luck :_)

also look at ajax

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088213

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice