1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Permission Issues

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by softspoken, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. softspoken

softspoken Thread Starter

I have a database that 2 people have access too. They both have the same permissions but one can export and the other one cant. Can some one help with what needs to be done so that the other person has the option to export...

(Access 97)

2. OBP

OBP

I can't say that I have ever heard of this problem.
    What are they trying to Export?
    If you Automate the Export with VBA can they both use it without the same problem?

3. softspoken

One of them is just trying to export a report or query that is produced in the database. I dont have a clue as to why one can and one cant.

4. OBP

OBP

Where or what are they exporting it to?

5. softspoken

just to there desktops so that they can send out the reports ... its as simple as it sounds .. its just that one doesnt have the ability to export .. it doesnt give him the option ..

6. OBP

OBP

Are they sending it in an email?

7. softspoken

they would probably send it by email after it is exported .. but thats the problem .. he doesnt have the option to export. its grayed out ..

8. OBP

OBP

But they will probably not stop Access VBA form exporting it or better still from emailing it for them.

9. softspoken

haha i dont even know what that means ... do you mean use come code to have it automatically exported or emailed? what works for one would have to work for both of them because one can work fine within the database and the other one cant export .. so if you pust code in there .. both have to agree to do so.

10. OBP

OBP

A command button with VBA code would allow them to directly email a report from within Access.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice