Perplexing Sound Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

UberBadger

Hello all! I recently deleted Windows 98 and installed Win2000, and almost everything is fine. However, the device manager section of My Computer says that my multimedia controller is not configured correctly. Neither the computer nor I know what manufacturer made this multimedia controller, and this makes finding drivers for it terribly difficult. Also, my sound works fine until I try to run Morpheus or another program with sound programs in it...perhaps these problems are related? Anyone with any suggestions or comments, feel free. By the way, I am a newcomer to this board, and i'm not even sure if this problem is in the right subject, but what the hey. Thank you!

UberBadger ... if you double click on yellow speaker on the taskbar next to the clock & open the audio device configuration panel ... on the bottom edge of the panel it states what your sound card is.
while there mute the mic...
then try it again...

Savvy :)

UberBadger

Thank you for your speedy reply, Savvy; however, my problem was not with my sound card (incidentally, an Aureal Vortex) but with a multimedia controller. I did check your suggested remedy but my mic was already muted and sound was still nonfunctional.

Hope I didn't stump the board, I have an extensive collection of MP3's and it'd be a pity to have them go to waste. Thanks again.

You said
; however, my problem was not with my sound card (incidentally, an Aureal Vortex) but with a multimedia controller.
but earlier you said
Also, my sound works fine until I try to run Morpheus or another program with sound programs in it...perhaps these problems are related? Anyone with any suggestions or comments, feel free
Maybe its AnalogX

I really don't know

Savvy :(

UberBadger

Hi,

Thanks for your help, SavvyLady, but i decided to simply reinstall Windows 98 again and the problem seems to have gone away. I appreciate your efforts toward my problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online