1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Persistant short beeps under Windows Me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Gswiss, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gswiss

Gswiss Thread Starter

These beeps occur after an impeccable startup and while Windows Me is up and running. They are always short and dual-toned : high and low frequency. There is no pattern I could identify. They sound out at irregular intervals anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds. They are linked to computer activity : the only time they stop is when the pc is idling.

Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8TX with Intel chipset and graphic card is nVidia GeForce2 MX. There is no problem with monitor or any application at all.

Windows Me has been running without a hitch from the start on this pc purchased two years ago. No new component added recently.

There are no viruses nor Trojans. We ran TDS-3, HijackThis, Ad-aware, spybot and Norton Antivirus.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The description suggests that it is an over-temperature alarm.

3. Gswiss

Gswiss Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and report back.

4. Gswiss

Gswiss Thread Starter

Thanks Kiwiguy, you hit it right on the nail. That was it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice