1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

personal hotspot iphone 4s

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by DaliaJo, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaliaJo

DaliaJo Thread Starter

heey guys ;)
    just wanna ask about personal hotspot in iphone 4s
    does it need to 3g (cellular data) to work , or i can turn it on when i connect with wifi connection !
    thank u all :):)

2. simsboy27

simsboy27

Hello!
    Depending on your Carrier, you will most likely get charged an extra fee per month to use the Personal Hotspot. It does require cellular data and won't turn on with a wifi connection. But I don't see a reason why you would need it on if you are connected to WiFi anyway.

3. DaliaJo

DaliaJo Thread Starter

if i want to share wifi with someone and i don't won't to give him wifi password

4. simsboy27

simsboy27

Oh, I see. Sadly, its not possible as I know of though. If you do want it on you will need to use Cellular Data and have a plan from your carrier that supports that. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice