1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Personal Info and Old Email Mssgs Attached to Outgoing Email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ScaredToDeath, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaredToDeath

ScaredToDeath Thread Starter

Hi! I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, but it's really difficult to explain. One of my email buddies (fortunately he's an honest person) recently told me that any email I send him, from both my home and work computers, has a ton of garbled info attached to the end of the email... The info includes previous emails I've sent to other people, cell phone bill details, shopping details - ANY and EVERYTHING I do online is connected to my emails to him. It doesn't matter what email I use... My Outlook account at work, Gmail, Aol, RR... it all attaches info to EVERY email I send to him. Even the "Read Receipt" he receives when I click on one of his emails has info attached to it. !?!?!?!!! IT'S EXTREMELY DISTURBING! And he also receives info from my family members who use my computer at home, so it's not just MY info he's receiving.

I do know that he is on a "Whitelist" with the company he works for (for a very important reason), so he's not bound to the security that everyone else is protected by. He's had his computer restaged twice and it still keeps happening. He uses Outlook and it happens with his desktop AND his laptop at work.

I thought about talking to my IT Helpdesk at work, but haven't yet since this is happening from EVERY computer I use, so I know it's not a specific computer issue. Is there, perhaps, something that my friend has done, without my knowing, to gain access to my personal info? He adamently denies it, but I'm skeptical. Have you ever heard of this happening and how can I make it stop?! HE SEES EVERYTHING I DO ONLINE... WHO'S TO SAY THAT SOMEONE ELSE ISN'T SEEING THE SAME???

Again, so sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for your insight!
    ~ScaredToDeath (Literally!)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice