1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Personal Info on a computer. Is it safe????

Discussion in 'General Security' started by mr_electrician, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mr_electrician

mr_electrician Thread Starter

Hello, this is a question to the security experts......is it a bad idea to save all your personal info, as well as scanned copies of your bills, receipts, invoices, and any other item that contains personal information and account numbers. I am thinking about saving all this to a computer so I don't have so much hard copies taking up space. I do have 2 hard drives on the computer. I only use one of them, so is it posible to hide the other one so if I were intruded, it would not be seen. Would an external hard drive be a better idea? What about software? I do have Norton with anti virus and internet security. Thanks to those who share thier knowledge.:) (y)

2. MikeSwim07

MikeSwim07

I would probably save it to en external drive because some malware could get onto your computer and possibly send that back.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There's risk in everything. Don't overthink technological risk and disregard other risks. If there was a fire, flood, tornado, break in, etc, what would happen to the paper copies of receipts?

With data stored on computers, always have a backup.

4. Nesjemannen

Nesjemannen

I would have saved the information on an external harddrive, yes
    BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T NEED TO SCAN IT FOR VIRUSES etc. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice